Labor Council Internal Organizing Apprentice – Summer 2015
For the summer 2015, The San Diego-Imperial Counties Labor Council is looking for Apprentices to be part of internal organizing efforts of union members within the San Diego region. We will provide training to become a more effective organizer within a diverse unionized workforce. We will also provide a series of educational trainings to better understand unions’ role in our social justice movement.
- Organize union member meetings in targeted communities.
- Organize members on a wide range of issues.
- Participate in large voter registration drives.
- Spread our labor message to the broader community.
- Attend and participate in affiliated unions’ meetings.
- Passion to work for working families is a must!
- Must be able to empathize with others.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Strong written and verbal skills; computer competency.
- Self-directed and able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Must be comfortable working with diverse communities and in every neighborhood within San Diego.
- Applicants who speak a second language are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must be team oriented and prefers to work in team setting.
Hours: Hours will be 2-8pm Monday-Thursday; 24 hours per week are expected. Duration: The duration of this internship will be 6 weeks; from June 29th-August 7th. Deadline: The deadline to apply is Tuesday, June 16th at 5pm.
Compensation: The position will be paid $14hr.
To apply for this program, applicants should send their resume and short responses to the following questions to Jose Rodriguez at email@example.com; and Charles Espinoza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Internal Organizing Apprentice” under the Subject line of the email.
- Why do you want to be part of this program?
- Why do you want to fight for social justice?