Purpose of the Caucus?
- With these global goals of the mission statement in mind, the San Diego-Imperial Counties Labor Council Environmental Caucus’s specific purpose is to:
- Educate our members and the community about the pressing environmental issues of our day and possible solutions to the present crisis.
- Build strong alliances and partnerships between labor and other environmental and community groups.
- Serve as a policy body inside the labor council that assures that labor’s agenda always includes an environmental focus and that labor’s issues are always present in larger discussions of environmental issues.
- Promote progressive labor/environmental legislation.
News and Updates
The San Diego-Imperial Counties Labor Council Environmental Caucus is committed to:
- Engaging our members and the community about labor’s role in advocating for tangible solutions to the climate crisis that simultaneously strengthen our middle-class.
- Letting our members know that good green jobs don’t kill construction projects, in fact in some cases it actually increases opportunity.
- Insisting that those who might be displaced should be retrained for the new economy as well as ensuring that the green economy is creating union career opportunities to ensure a just transition for working people.
- Building and sustaining real partnerships with the local environmental movement and community groups committed to economic and environmental justice.
- Pushing for bold new political and policy initiatives that move beyond lip service to effectively address the two great issues of our age—historic economic inequality and climate change